Bloodborne Pathogens Training Course is a classroom course that teaches employees how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials.
This course is designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
This course is designed for anyone with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens such as:
- Classroom-based (instructor and video, with skills conducted throughout)
The MEDIC FIRST AID Bloodborne Pathogens program covers:
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030
- Specific Bloodborne Pathogens:
- Hepatitis B Virus
- Hepatitis C Virus
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Transmitting Bloodborne Pathogens
- Your Employer’s Exposure Control Plan
- Recognizing the Potential for Exposure
- Methods to Control Occupational Risk
- Using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hepatitis B Immunization
- When an Exposure Occurs
- Communicating a Hazard in the Workplace
- Ideal for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback from an instructor
- Designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction
- Available for first-time or renewal bloodborne pathogens training
- Each student receives their own high quality course materials
Students receive Participation Certificate upon course completion.
During this classroom-based course, an Instructor conducts video-based lessons that reinforce the course content.
For a printer-friendly PDF version of this information, click on the link below:
Health Education Services offers our CPR, AED, First-Aid and Workplace Health and Safety training classes in multiple locations throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Headquartered in San Carlos, California, we offer custom on-site training at our client's locations throughout the peninsula, south bay, and east bay including: Menlo Park; Redwood City; Foster City; San Mateo; Belmont; Burlingame; Palo Alto; Mountain View; Los Altos; Los Altos Hills; Hillsborough; Woodside; Atherton; San Jose; Santa Clara; Fremont - and beyond. We are happy to arrange for training at your business, using your facilities, to encourage participation from your employees and reduce the logistical impact on your organization. Contact us today to discuss our custom CPR, AED, First Aid and Safety training! 650-321-6500